Photo Gallery | Firefighters rescue Berwick woman from her smoke-filled home

BERWICK, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- A woman from Berwick has been taken to the hospital after firefighters rescued her from her smoke-filled home.

The fire broke out around 8:30am this morning at the home on First Street. When firefighters arrived they rushed inside to rescue a woman who had been overcome with smoke. After bringing the woman outside, firefighters performed CPR and were able to get a pulse before she was taken to the hospital.

The woman's identity has not been released. Firefighters say the fire appears to have started in the basement and may have been caused by an issue with the furnace or the dryer.

Community Sponsors

Are you interested in promoting your business to local customers?